Station Time: April 20, 2014 4:05 pm

Welcome Guest

.:. Login!  .:.   Register!  .:.   Forgot Password?  .:.   Get Backstage & Support HR80s!
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

request order =/= play order?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: request order =/= play order?

request order =/= play order? 2 years, 1 month ago #45937

in the last few days, i.e. since I started requesting blocks of tunes, SAM has regularly swapped the first and second requested songs on me and played the 2. first, and the 1. second. (does that sentence make any sense?? hope you see what I mean).

request order: 1,2,3,4,5
play order: 2,1,3,4,5

has anyone else noticed this?

Support HR80s - Get Backstage!

Get Backstage and Get Full Access and Benefits!

Get Backstage and get Full Access!

Re: request order =/= play order? 2 years, 1 month ago #45938

• Doc
I’ve noticed it too... it may have to do when that artist was previously played... it bumps your request back a few spots until it can be played.

Re: request order =/= play order? 2 years, 1 month ago #45939

SamboStrat wrote:
in the last few days, i.e. since I started requesting blocks of tunes, SAM has regularly swapped the first and second requested songs on me and played the 2. first, and the 1. second. (does that sentence make any sense?? hope you see what I mean).

request order: 1,2,3,4,5
play order: 2,1,3,4,5

has anyone else noticed this?

Lets say that #1 is a Judas Priest song, but Judas Priest has been played 60 minutes ago. Your request will not play in position #1. It will play later. I don't know what the time spread is for artists, but my guess is 2 hours.

Re: request order =/= play order? 2 years, 1 month ago #45940

• Keir
  • Platinum Boarder
But if Judas Priest had played 60 minutes earlier, you wouldn't be able to request it would you?

Re: request order =/= play order? 2 years, 1 month ago #45942

Keir wrote:
But if Judas Priest had played 60 minutes earlier, you wouldn't be able to request it would you?

I don't know for sure.

Sometimes bands are already in "Coming Soon" folder", but can't be seen. Why? ...because there's a backlog of requests.

Then again this is all speculation. Chris could answer all of these questions much better than I can.

Re: request order =/= play order? 2 years, 1 month ago #45944

• black lab
  • Platinum Boarder
Or, SAM just fucks up.
Remember to always be yourself, unless you suck.

Re: request order =/= play order? 2 years, 1 month ago #45951

no no, this has nothing to do with previuosly played artists. it is true that if an artist has just been played, you are not able to request it. if it's only in the queue, sam will (unfortunately) allow you to request it but then as soon as the q'd up song has played it'll bump your tune back - BUT: bumps due to this mean that your song won't play until like an hour or two later, depending on the artist.

my problem is different. let's take 5 bands / tunes that have NOT been recently played. the play order will simply reverse the first two requested tunes. they will still play as a block, so no bumping, except the first two positions will be switched as I wrote above.

request 1-2-3-4-5
play 2-1-3-4-5

the only consequence of this is that if i write an explanation of the block in the dedication of tune no. 1, it will only show up after the tune no.2 has already played.

Re: request order =/= play order? 2 years, 1 month ago #45952

SamboStrat wrote:
no no, this has nothing to do with previuosly played artists. it is true that if an artist has just been played, you are not able to request it. if it's only in the queue, sam will (unfortunately) allow you to request it but then as soon as the q'd up song has played it'll bump your tune back - BUT: bumps due to this mean that your song won't play until like an hour or two later, depending on the artist.

my problem is different. let's take 5 bands / tunes that have NOT been recently played. the play order will simply reverse the first two requested tunes. they will still play as a block, so no bumping, except the first two positions will be switched as I wrote above.

request 1-2-3-4-5
play 2-1-3-4-5

the only consequence of this is that if i write an explanation of the block in the dedication of tune no. 1, it will only show up after the tune no.2 has already played.

Hey that's happened to me about 2 or 3 times in the past two weeks. It sure does screw up your block with the order changed!

So, now the question is: What can Chris do about it or is SAM just a tricky SOB

Re: request order =/= play order? 2 years, 1 month ago #45956

I have had a similar problem i have been trying to request VII Gates "Bounded By Hate" and it keeps saying track previously played its been going on for a week now any suggestions?
Last Edit: 2 years, 1 month ago by MaineBobcat.

Sponsor Messages Supporting HR80s

Get Backstage and Support HR80s!

Get Backstage and Get Full Access and Benefits!

Get Backstage and get Full Access!

Re: request order =/= play order? 2 years, 1 month ago #45962

DiamondDave wrote:

So, now the question is: What can Chris do about it or is SAM just a tricky SOB

hehe, I think SAM is just a tricky SOB

MBC, sorry, man, I don't know...
  • Page:
Moderators: DJ Grinder, rockhead, Doc, wrciii
Time to create page: 0.89 seconds

HR80s Mobile Apps

Now available on Android and iOS devices: HR80s to go!

Get it on Google Play

Donate - HR80s

We're going to take donations to help support the continued development of the site and HR80s apps.
$ 1000
donation thermometer
donation thermometer
$ 450
donation thermometer
45%
Updated
8/19/2013

Spread The Word

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Online Users

5 users and 3027 guests online